Can someone out there supporting Minnesota’s so-called Marriage Amendment explain to me why you need a law preventing marriage for some people in order for you to enjoy the rights and benefits of the marriage you favor?
What is the threat to your family? Or your marriage? Perhaps you’re worried your spouse will opt for the same sex mode? Come on…what is it? The question might focus on why one marriage is better or more legit than another, but I would say that’s a matter of opinion. I’ve seen disastrous marriages! Who hasn’t? Many of these are personal judgments, are they not? (Why did he marry here?!) But that didn’t ruin marriage for others. So where is the threat? It seems that marriage must be a pretty weak sham if different preferences threaten your love and commitments.
What gives here? Explain it, anti-marriage supporters. Comments are open, even if your mind isn’t. But I will withhold judgment. Convince me that you have a point.
Until then, marry them all, damn it! — sinners and the virtuous alike — and let God sort it out!
- Thomson Reuters Opposes Marriage Amendment (minnesota.cbslocal.com)
- Michigan Billionaire Gives $325K to Fight Anti-Gay Marriage Amendment in Minnesota (towleroad.com)
- Chris Kluwe Calls Minnesota’s Gay Marriage Ban Anti-American (ontopmag.com)
- States’ Rights And DOMA Clash On A Shifting Battlefield (drhiphop85.com)
- Minnesota basketball star Trevor Mbakwe opposes proposed state ban on same-sex marriage (outsports.com)
- Minnesota Pediatricians Come Out Against Marriage Inequality Amendment (thinkprogress.org)
- Minnesotans Against Marriage Amendment Launch Must Watch Vote No Video (oblogdeeoblogda.me)